Libraries over London are closing.
Many were given to councils in trust by the Tates, Carnegies and other wealthy men who wanted to give something back in the form of education. For the people.
Sadiq Khan could create a Library fund. Libraries
- Educate people, even those without money
- They are a haven for young students to study and progress themselves
- They are a community hub for people with children
Many libraries could be saved with:
- Staff reorganisation - many are over staffed
- Some Mayoral funding
- A coffee shop franchise to bring in cash and people
- A large glass donation box like that in the Tate Modern
(Currently, you can't donate to your local library to save it!)
This formula will work and save libraries.
Sadiq Khan could be the education Mayor, and stop these educational facilities, given to the people being sold off.
Lets save education in London